Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services
Comprehensive Risk Counseling Services (CRCS) is a free risk-reduction counseling service that provides individuals with a safe, confidential place to discuss concerns, receive emotional support, and set goals to reduce risk and improve overall well-being. CRCS is available at The Damien Center for both HIV+ and HIV- individuals.
Our approach to risk reduction and health promotion is effective at helping high-risk individuals reduce their risk factors and keeping both themselves and their partners safe and healthy.
What is considered high risk? An individual is considered to be at high risk for acquiring or transmitting HIV when they have engaged in any of the following behaviors in the last 90 days:
- Had sex without a condom, especially with multiple partners
- Received an HIV or STI diagnosis
- Had difficulty disclosing HIV status to sex partners
- Shared needles or syringes
- Had sex with someone with an unknown HIV status
- Had sex with someone whose HIV status is different than their own
- Had sex while drunk or high
- Exchanged sex for money, drugs or something of value
- Had difficulty taking HIV medications as prescribed by their medical providers
Anyone who has experienced any of these risk factors is encouraged to schedule an appointment with our Comprehensive Risk Counselor by calling 317-610-8010, texting 317-804-1684, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.