Damien Cares Job Opportunities
The Infectious Disease Nurse Practitioner performs the duties required to assess and treat HIV and other common infectious diseases for adults and children in an outpatient setting. The Infectious Disease Nurse Practitioner will work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide primary or specialty health care services within defined scope of practice in collaboration with a licensed physician and in accordance with Damien Cares policies and procedures
- Obtain and accurately document any relevant health history, with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS
- Perform comprehensive histories and physical exams, identify normal and abnormal findings, including physical, cognitive and psychosocial status
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Develop pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment plans
- Prescribe highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and other necessary medications for HIV positive patients
- Educate patients on disease and treatment plans
- Monitor effectiveness of treatment plans
- Perform procedures as trained and appropriately credentialed
- Document within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and complete other necessary documents
- Collaborate and/or consult with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate
- Educate, counsel, and assist patients and their families regarding current health problems, health maintenance and preventative behaviors
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and confidential medical records in accordance with established protocols
- Acquire information on the most current developments and trends in the Nurse Practitioner field, through educational programs, in-services, professional associations and literature
- Participate in quality assurance and compliance activities Develop and implement best practices and standard of care for patients requiring infectious disease consultation
- Experience with HIV/AIDS comprehensive care required
- Experience with Hepatitis C, Transgender Care, and PrEP preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess a Master’s, Post-Master’s of Doctorate degree from an advanced practice nursing program accredited by the national League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as an Advance Practice Nurse in a State, Commonwealth, or Territory of the United States or the District of Columbia
- Have successfully completed 30 hours of education in pharmacology for advanced nursing practice
- Possess a minimum experience of 1 year full-time experience within the last two years as an Infectious Disease NP
- Requires ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when providing supervision and performing administrative tasks, direct patient care, and adhering to ethical professional standards
- Excellent assessment and communication skills
- Ability to function in a high stress environment
- Computer proficiency
- Preferred experience with an EHR or EMR
Please Note the Following
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to agree to a background check. Employment will be contingent upon the findings.
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to sign confidentiality and data security agreements. All employees are required to sign agency confidentiality statements.
- If a candidate is offered and accepts this position, s/he will be required to meet agency, program, and funding productivity standards.
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be directed to this email. Damien Cares, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.