Do you need to get linked?Are you HIV+ and haven't seen your HIV doctor in a year or more? Or maybe you know someone who is HIV+ who hasn't seen their HIV doctor in a year or more? A new program at The Damien Center is here to help.
The Linkage to Care (L2C) Program is designed to reconnect HIV+ individuals with the care they need to get and stay healthy as they manage their disease. The program also targets newly diagnosed HIV+ individuals who need support as they navigate their new experience. The goal of L2C? We're working to eliminate barriers to care and support, get more HIV+ individuals into care, and reduce our community viral load as a result. The overall outcome is a healthier community!
L2C staff can help with:
- Gathering documents needed to get free or reduced-price insurance coverage. Need help getting your INET statement? A new state ID?
- Providing transportation to appointments
- Attending doctor's appointments with you
- Understanding your doctor's recommendations
- Childcare during appointments
- Understanding your medication and how to take it
- Reminder calls to take your medication
- Accessing community resources (food, housing, utility assistance, etc.)
- Understanding your HIV diagnosis
Visit damien.org/linkage or contact:
Abbe Shapiro, Linkage to Care Program Manager
email@example.com or 317.632.0123 ext. 263
Call or text 317.296.3687