Top 5 Reasons You Haven't Signed Up to Volunteer YetTime is running out, potential Ambassadors! We only have a couple dozen spots left for Dining Out for Life Ambassadors, so if you're ready to help us fight AIDS on April 25, sign up ASAP. We're making it really easy to sign up online this year, so take a few seconds and tell us a little about yourself right here.
On the fence about volunteering for DOFL? Want to know a little more? We present:
Top 5 Reasons You Haven't Signed Up to Volunteer Yet
(i.e. your best excuses and our best persuasions)
5. I don't want to be at a restaurant I've never been to! Okay, listen. With 44 restaurants on board to give 25-100% of April 25 sales to The Damien Center and the local fight against AIDS, we're betting you've been to and loved at least a couple of them. One of your fave Indy eateries is probably on our list. None, you say? Then you, my friend, are missing out on some delicious eats!
4. I'm a little nervous to be an Ambassador all by myself. This is an easy one. Get a buddy to sign up with you! Just let us know that you want to be placed together so you've got a partner for your shift(s).
3. I really don't want to drive all the way across town for this. Not to worry! Our Dining Out for Life restaurants stretch from Greenwood to Carmel and everywhere in between. Transportation an issue? Let us know if you need to be near a bus line or have other needs and we'll work with you to put together a solution.
2. What if I have concerns in the middle of my shift? What will I do? Our staff members are on call throughout the entire day of the event (and of course before and after!), so should you have any issues during your shift, we can help you figure out with a quick phone call or text. We'll even be stopping by restaurants throughout the day to check on Ambassadors and address anything that comes up.
1. I don't have time to volunteer right now! While Dining Out for Life does require some time from you, it's also pretty flexible. As long as you're free for your shift on April 25 and can attend one of these trainings, the rest of your volunteer time is determined by you. We'll give you a window of a couple weeks to stop by your restaurant with DOFL materials, and anytime from now until April 25, you can recruit friends and family to eat at your restaurant (or any DOFL restaurant!).
Have we quelled your concerns, eased your mind, destroyed your excuses? Then sign up, for goodness sakes! Easy online sign up can be found right here. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you!